WeddingWire is the nation's leading technology company serving the $100+ billion wedding, corporate, and social events industry. Simply put: We connect people with great merchants and help event merchants build their businesses. We are also a GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
WeddingWire seeks full-time Business Intelligence Data Engineer who plays a key role in using modern software tools and industry best practices to design, develop, and maintain databases for Business Intelligence needs. This includes designing for performance, efficiency, scalability, and security.
The Data Engineer will drive the advancement of our data capabilities by creating the systems that allow us to effectively use a variety of different data sets. This position will work very closely with our Data Science, Software Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Executive teams.
- You work well in a team based, collaborative enviornment where you will be working to define holistic data models that we can use for analysis, evolving these models over time as our feature set and needs change
- You can understand abstract business questions, and helping to translate those into specific questions we can answer with the data available
- You can build scalable and reliable ETL systems to pull large and complex data together from different systems
- You can build and customize BI applications that allow other engineers and analysts to explore the data and run their own analyses
- You have created question-specific technology (queries, scripts, etc.) to help answer particularly valuable and difficult questions
- You can import data from third-party vendors and deciding how this data should be married into our existing data models
- You will help educate internal teams and stakeholders about the data we have
- You always stay current with the latest data engineering techniques and introducing new tools where appropriate
- You have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- You have Minimum of 2+ years experience with database development.
- You have strong Knowledge of SQL writing
- You posses comprehensive knowledge of data warehousing methodologies, such as ROLAP, snowflake schemas, and ETL strategies.
- You are familiar with unix/linux based systems and shell scripting
- You are familiar with data programming experience in Python, PERL, and/or RUBY
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You have strong knowledge of database schema design and data architecture
If this describes you, click “apply” to start your career adventure with us!
WeddingWire is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer