WeddingWire is the nation's leading technology software product company serving the $100+ billion wedding, corporate, and social events industry. Simply put: We connect people with great merchants and help event merchants build their businesses. We are also a FANTASTIC PLACE TO WORK!
WeddingWire seeks a full-time Data Engineer who will play a key role in using modern software tools and industry best practices to design, develop, and maintain data systems for Business Intelligence needs. This includes designing for performance, efficiency, scalability and security.
The Data Engineer will drive the advancement of our data capabilities by creating the systems that allow us to effectively use a variety of different data sets. This position will work very closely with our Data Science, Software Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Executive teams. You will get to use the latest data technology stack including: RDS, EMR, Redshift, Tableau, Aurora, Data Pipeline, EC2, S3, Lambda and Glacier.
- Working with teams to define holistic data models that we can use for analysis, evolving these models over time as our feature set and needs change.
- Understanding abstract business questions, and helping to translate those into specific questions we can answer with the data available.
- Building scalable and reliable ETL systems to pull large and complex data together from different systems.
- Building and customizing data applications that allow other engineers and analysts to explore the data and run their own analyses.
- Building question-specific technology (queries, scripts, etc.) to help answer particularly valuable and difficult questions.
- Importing data from third-party vendors and deciding how this data should be married into our existing data models.
- Helping to educate internal teams and stakeholders about the data we have.
- Staying current with new data engineering/science/visualization/big data techniques, introducing new tools where appropriate.
- You have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. An advanced degree or professional licensing is a plus.
- Strong track record as a keen problem-solver and sharp listener.
- A Minimum of 2+ years experience with database development.
- You have worked hands-on with MySQL, PostGRES, Oracle, or MSSQL.
- You have strong knowledge of database schema design and data architecture.
- You possess knowledge of data warehousing methodologies, such as ROLAP, snowflake schemas, and ETL strategies.
- You have experience building and maintaining ETL systems, with third-party products and custom-built ETL (talend is a big plus).
- You are familiar with unix/linux based systems and shell scripting.
- You have Data Programming experience in Python or PERL or Ruby (Ruby is a big plus).
- You can conduct research and make recommendations on requirements, products, and services.
- You demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm!
- Experience with web analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) is a plus.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Tableau, R, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with datasets extending into millions/billions of rows is a plus.
If this describes you, click “apply” to start your career adventure with us!
WeddingWire is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer