WeddingWire is looking for a Database Developer who can use modern software tools and industry best practices to design, develop, and maintain databases for Business Intelligence needs. This includes designing for performance, efficiency, scalability, and security. In addition, this position will:
• Integrate databases with other information systems, such as Salesforce.com or other cloud-based services.
• Provide in-line and standalone architectural and user documentation to ensure developed solutions are extensible, supportable, and usable by others.
• Use modern software development processes to gather requirements and iteratively develop database schemas to meet business needs.
***WeddingWire is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer***
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field is required. An advanced degree or professional licensing is a plus.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience with database development.
- Hands-on experience with MySQL, PostGRES, Oracle, or MSSQL. Experience with multiple database platforms is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of database schema design and SQL is required.
- Strong Knowledge of SQL writing is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of data warehousing methodologies, such as ROLAP, snowflake schemas, and ETL strategies.
- Experience with Business Intelligence platforms, like MicroStrategy, Cognos, or Business Objects, is a plus.
- Experience with non-relational database platforms, like NoSQL, MongoDB, or HBase, is a plus.
- A great attitude and ability to thrive working in a close, highly energized, team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with unix/linux based systems and shell scripting.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written a MUST.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on BI requirements, products, and services.
- Manage time well, correctly prioritizing tasks.